101 ways to Use Your
Essential 7 Collection
Essential 7 Kit
LAVENDER - (Lavandula augustifolia)
1.Rub Lavender oil on the feet for a
calming effect on the body.
2. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your
palms and smooth on your pillow to help
3. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee
sting or insect bite to stop itching and
4. Put 2-3 drops of Lavender oil on a
minor burn to decrease pain.
5. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to stop
6. Mix several drops of Lavender oil
with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and use
topically on eczema and dermatitis.
7. To alleviate the symptoms of motion
sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil
on the end of the tongue or around the
naval or behind the ears.
8. To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of
Lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it
around a small chip of ice. Push the
tissue covered ice chip up under the
middle of the top lip to the
base of the nose and hold as long as
comfortable or until the bleeding stops.
9. Rub a drop of Lavender oil over the
bridge of the nose to unblock tear
10. Rub Lavender oil on dry or chapped
11. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on
chapped or sunburned lips.
12. To reduce or minimize the formation
of scar tissue, massage Lavender oil on
and around the affected area.
13. Rub 2 to 4 drops of Lavender oil
over the armpit area to act as a
14. Rub a drop of Lavender oil between
your palms and inhale deeply to help
alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
15. Rub several drops of Lavender oil
into the scalp to help eliminate
16. Place a few drops of Lavender oil on
a cotton ball and place in your linen
closet to scent the linens and repel
moths and insects.
17. Place a drop of Lavender oil in your
water fountain to scent the air, kill
bacteria and prolong the time between
18. Place a few drops of Lavender oil on
a wet cloth and throw into the dryer,
which will deodorize and freshen your
19. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cold
20. Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate
the symptoms of allergies.
21. Spritz several drops of Lavender oil
mixed with distilled water on a sunburn
to decrease pain.
22. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to clean
the wound and kill bacteria.
23. Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a
rash to stop the itching and heal the
LEMON - (Citrus limon) has
antiseptic-like properties and contains
compounds that have been studied for
their effects on immune function.
24. Use 6 drops of Lemon oil and 6 drops
of Purification oil in a squirt bottle
mixed with distilled water to use in the
bathroom as an air freshener.
25. Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove
gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
26. Use 1 drop of Lemon oil to add
flavor to baked goods or beverages.
27. For homemade lemonade, in a blender
mix 2 drops of Lemon oil, 2 tablespoons
of honey and two cups of pure water.
Adjust the amount of each ingredient to
suit your own taste.
28. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn,
callous or bunion mornings and evenings.
29. To clean and increase the shelf life
of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool
water and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Drop
your cleaned fruit into the water and
stir. Be sure all
surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon
30. Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to water
and spray counter tops to sterilize
31. Soak your dishcloth overnight in a
bowl of water and a drop of Lemon oil to
disinfect and kill germs.
32. Add a drop of Lemon oil to your
dishwasher before the wash cycle.
33. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on your
hands after using a public bathroom.
34. Use a paper towel soaked with
several drops of Lemon oil to sanitize
35. Place a drop of Lemon oil on cold
sores, herpes or other mouth ulcers to
lessen pain and aid healing.
36. Put a drop of Lemon oil on bleeding
gums caused by gingivitis or tooth
37. Put a drop of Lemon oil on oily skin
or acne to balance sebaceous glands (oil
38. Rub several drops of Lemon oil on
cellulite to improve circulation and
help eliminate waste from the cells.
39. Rub two drops of Lemon oil topically
to clear athlete's foot.
40. Rub several drops of Lemon oil on
varicose veins to improve circulation
and relieve pressure on the veins.
41. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a wart
morning and night until it disappears.
42. Rub a drop of Lemon oil to clean a
butcher's block or other cutting
43. Put 10-15 drops of Lemon oil in each
gallon of carpet cleaning solution to
help pull out stains and brighten the
rug. This also leaves a fresh smell in
PEPPERMINT - (Mentha piperita) is
one of the oldest and most highly
regarded herbs for soothing digestion.
Jean Valnet, M.D., studied peppermint's
effect on the liver and respiratory
systems. Other scientists have also
peppermint's role in affecting impaired
taste and smell when inhaled. Dr.
William N. Dember of the University of
Cincinnati studied peppermint's ability
to improve concentration and mental
accuracy. Alan Hirsch, M.D., studied
peppermint's ability to directly affect
the brain's satiety center, which
triggers a sense of fullness after
meals. PEPPERMINT IS GROWN AND DISTILLED
AT THE YOUNG LIVING FARMS, Utah.
44. Rub 4-6 drops in the palm and rub
over stomach and around the navel to
relieve indigestion, flatulence and
45. Add a drop of Peppermint oil to
herbal tea to aid in digestion and
46. Massage several drops of Peppermint
oil on the area of injury to reduce
47. Apply Peppermint oil immediately to
an injured area (bruised shin, hit on
the foot or hand) to relieve pain. If
there is a cut, apply the Peppermint
oil around (not on) the open wound.
48. Rub several drops of Peppermint oil
on the bottoms of the feet to reduce
49. Apply a drop of Peppermint oil
topically on unbroken skin to stop
50. For poison ivy or poison oak, apply
Peppermint oil on location neat or
dilute with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil.
51. Inhale Peppermint oil before and
during a workout to boost your mood and
52. Massage several drops of Peppermint
oil on the abdomen to relieve nausea.
53. To relieve a headache, rub a drop of
Peppermint oil on the temples, forehead,
over the sinuses (stay away from the
eyes) and on the back of the neck. Works
well when blended
with Lavender, too!
54. To stop hiccups, apply a drop of
Peppermint oil on each side of the fifth
cervical vertebra (up three notches from
the large vertebra at the base of the
55. Place two drops of Peppermint oil on
the tongue and rub another drop under
the nose to improve alertness and
56. Diffuse Peppermint oil in the room
while studying to improve concentration
and accuracy. Inhale Peppermint oil
while taking a test to improve recall.
57. Rub 4 drops of Peppermint oil on
chest and stomach to relieve travel
58. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on
the tongue and inhale into the nose and
sinuses to relieve congestion from a
59. Add Peppermint oil to food as a
flavoring and a preservative.
60. To deter rats, mice, ants or
cockroaches, place two drops of
Peppermint oil on a cotton ball and
place along the path or point of entry
for these pests.
61. Mix one 15 ml. bottle of Peppermint
oil into a 5 gallon can of paint to
dispel the fumes.
62. Place a couple of drops of
Peppermint oil in a cup of hot water and
enjoy in place of coffee.
63. To kill aphids, add 4-5 drops of
Peppermint oil to 4 ounces of water and
spray the plants.
64. Drink a drop of Peppermint oil mixed
in a glass of cold water to cool off on
a hot day.
65. Rub Peppermint oil on joints to
relieve arthritis or tendonitis pain.
66. Place a drop of Peppermint oil on
the tongue to stop bad breath.
67. Inhale the fragrance of Peppermint
oil to curb the appetite and lessen the
impulse to overeat.
68. Remove ticks by applying a drop of
Peppermint oil on a cotton swab and
swabbing the tick. Wait for it to
unhedge its head and remove from your
69. Mix Peppermint oil in a footbath to
relieve sore feet. Keep water agitated
while soaking feet.
JOY - An exotic, luxurious blend
of Lemon (Citrus limon), mandarin
(Citrus reticulata), bergamot (Citrus
bergamia), ylang ylang (Cananga odorata),
rose (Rosa damascena), rosewood (Aniba
rosaeodora), geranium (Pelargonium
graveolens), palmarosa (Cymbopogon
martinii), Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum
nobile), and jasmine (Jasminum
officinale) that produces an uplifting
magnetic energy and brings joy to the
heart. When worn as a cologne or
perfume, Joy exudes analluring and
irresistible fragrance that inspires
romance and togetherness. When diffused,
it can be refreshing and uplifting.
70. Rub a drop of Joy oil over the heart
and on the bottom of each foot to
relieve feelings of frustration or
71. Put a drop of Joy oil on the tip of
the nose to uplift your mood.
72. Wear a drop of Joy oil behind each
ear as a perfume.
73. Rub a drop of Joy oil between your
palms and then spread over the face and
neck after shaving.
74. Rub two drops of Joy oil on areas of
the body with poor circulation to
improve blood flow.
75. Rub two drops of Joy oil on the
armpit area to use for a deodorant.
76. Rub two drops of Joy oil on the
heart and feet to increase libido.
77. Sprinkle a few drops of Joy oil into
potpourri to improve the fragrance.
PANAWAY - A blend of wintergreen
(Gaultheria procumbens), which has an
active constituent similar to cortisone;
clove (Syzygium aromaticum), which
contains eugenol, used by dentists to
numb gums; peppermint (Mentha piperita),
which is calming for nerves; and
helichrysum (Helichrysum italicum),
which is soothing for localized
78. Apply PanAway oil topically on an
injured area to reduce inflammation and
bruising. Works well in a dental
79. Apply PanAway oil topically to sore
muscles after exercising.
80. Rub a drop of PanAway oil on the
temples, forehead and back of the neck
to relieve a headache.
81. Mix PanAway oil with massage oil and
massage on location to stop growing
82. Rub 1-2 drops of PanAway oil on
arthritic hands to lessen pain.
83. Rub 2-3 drops of PanAway oil at the
base of the spine to relieve sciatic
84. For arthritic pets, massage PanAway
oil diluted with V-6 Vegetable on
location or a drop in the food.
PEACE & CALMING - A gentle,
fragrant blend of Tangerine (Citrus
nobilis), orange (Citrus sinensis),
ylang ylang (Cananga odorata), patchouly
(Pogostemon cablin) and blue tansy
(Tanacetum annuum) specially designed
for diffusing. It promotes relaxation
and a deep sense of peace, helping to
calm tensions and uplift spirits.
85. Rub 1-2 drops of Peace & Calming oil
on the bottom of the feet and on the
shoulders before bedtime to get good
86. Diffuse Peace & Calming oil in the
room to calm overactive or hard to
87. Mix Peace & Calming oil with massage
oil for a relaxing massage.
88. Put Peace & Calming oil mixed with
Bath Gel Base in warm water for a
89. To help stop nocturnal teeth
grinding, diffuse Peace & Calming oil
PURIFICATION - An antiseptic blend
of Citronella (Cymbopogon nardus),
lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus),
rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis),
(Melaleuca alternifolia), lavandin (Lavandula
x hybrida) and myrtle (Myrtuscommunis)
formulated for diffusing to purify and
cleanse the air and neutralize mildew,
cigarette smoke and disagreeable odors.
90. Diffuse Purification oil to clean
the air and neutralize foul or stale
91. Put several drops of Purification
oil on a cotton ball and place in the
air vents in the home, office, hotel
room or other enclosed area.
92. While traveling, inhale Purification
oil during flights to protect yourself
from pathogens found in the recirculated
93. Put a drop of Purification oil on
insect bites to cleanse and stop the
94. Apply a drop of Purification oil on
blemishes to clear the skin.
95. Rub a drop of Purification oil on
the outside of a sore throat when it is
96. Rub a drop of Purification oil on a
blister to cleanse and disinfect.
97. Put 2 drops of Purification oil on
two cotton balls and place in the toes
of smelly sneakers to combat odors.
98. Place a drop of Purification oil on
each end of a cotton swab and place on
top of your cold water humidifier to
clean the air.
99. Dilute Purification oil with V-6
Vegetable Mixing Oil and swab the nasal
cavity to ward off the flu.
100. Spritz several drops of
Purification oil mixed with water to
101. Apply Purification oil and
Peppermint oil diluted with V-6
Vegetable Mixing Oil to a cotton swab
and rub just inside the ear to eliminate
in cats and dogs.
GUIDELINES FOR THE
SAFE USE OF YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS.
1. Always keep a bottle of V-6 Vegetable
Mixing Oil, Massage Oil Base or any pure
vegetable oil handy when using essential
oils. Vegetable oils dilute essential
oils if they
cause discomfort or skin irritation.
2. Keep bottles of essential oils
tightly closed and store them in a cool
location away from light. If stored
properly, essential oils will maintain
their potency for many
3. Keep essential oils out of reach of
children. Treat them as you would any
product for therapeutic use.
4. Do not use essential oils rich in
menthol (such as peppermint) on the
throat or neck area of children under 30
months of age.
5. Direct sunlight and essential oils.
Lemon, bergamot, orange, grapefruit,
tangerine, White Angelica and other
citrus oils may cause a rash or darker
pigmentation if applied to
skin exposed to direct sunlight or UV
rays with 3 to 4 days of use.
6. Keep essential oils away from eye
area and do not put into ears. Do not
handle contact lenses or rub eyes with
essential oils on fingers. Oils with
high phenol content such
as oregano, helichrysum, cinnamon,
thyme, clove. Lemongrass, bergamot,
Thieves and ImmuPower may damage
contacts and irritate eyes.
7. Pregnant women should consult their
health care professional before using
essential oils containing constituents
with hormone-like activity, such as
clary sage, sage, Idaho
tansy, juniper and fennel.
8. Epileptics and those with high blood
pressure should consult their health
care professional before using essential
oils. Avoid hyssop, fennel and Idaho
9. People with allergies should test a
small amount of oil on a small area of
sensitive skin, such as the inside of
the arm, before applying the oil on
other areas. The bottom
of the feet is one of the safest, most
effective places to use essential oils.
10. Before taking GRAS (Generally
Regarded as Safe) essential oils
internally, always dilute with an
oil-soluble liquid like honey, olive oil
or soy milk.
11. Do not add undiluted essential oils
directly to bath water. Use Bath Gel
Base as a dispersing agent for oils in
Young, N.D., Gary D. An Introduction to
Young Living Essential Oils. Ninth
Essential Oils Desk Reference. Compiled
by Essential Science Publishing, Third
Edition, April 2004.
The information provided is for
educational and entertainment purposes
only, and should not be considered a
replacement for the expert advice of a
qualified health practitioner.
These statements have not been evaluated
by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to
diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any